At Ballylisk Dairies, we are obliged to, and, take your privacy extremely seriously. You should read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains information about us and the personal information that you and others provide to us, what we do with this information, and who this may be shared with. The document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which provides enhanced account stability and transparency obligations on organisations when using the information. As a result, you will have greater control over your personal information, including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our purposes.
If you have any questions about how we use your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer on the details below.
- Who We Are – We are farmers and cheesemakers who make cheese under the Ballylisk of Armagh brand. Our Data Protection Officer is Dean Wright.
- The Information We Collect About You – As we are an e–commerce site, we hold email addresses of people who request to be on our mailing list and furthermore hold the names, email, delivery addresses and payment details of all customers placing orders.
- When We Collect Your Information – We collect information which you provide to us when you make a purchase.
- How We Use Your Information – We use your information to process the orders which you place, to take payment for the products and to deliver the products to you, and further to respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints.
- Who We Share Your Information With – We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties, for example delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints etc. Please note that we provide only the information the other parties require to perform these specific services, they may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our Contract with them, we work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- How Long We Hold Your Personal Data – Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Therefore when you place an order, we will keep the personal data you gave us for 6 years so that we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. Personal information which is no longer to be retained will be securely and effectively destroyed and permanently erased from our IT system. In some circumstances we may redact your personal information so that it no longer permits your identification. In this case we only retain such information for a longer period.
- Using Companies to Process Your Information Outside the European Economic Area (EEA) – In some cases it may be necessary to transfer personal information about you to other organisations outside the EEA. This will be carefully managed to protect your privacy rights. Information provided by you will be securely stored. Unfortunately information transmitted via the internet is not completely secured. Any transmission is at your own risk. We have in place procedures to deal with suspected data breaches and will notify the Information Commissioners Office and you, when legally required to do so.
- Confidentiality – Information that you provide may be regarded as confidential and we will protect this in accordance with our legal obligations.
- Your Rights, Including the Right to Object – From 25th May 2018, you will have enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right, without undue delay to:–
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information.
- Have inaccurate, incomplete information corrected and updated
- Object to particular use of your personal data for our legitimate interests.
- In certain circumstances, to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted.
- To withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
- Ask questions about the processing of your personal information.
- Transfer your personal information from us to another person or business.
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing or telephoning him. We may charge an administration fee.
If we are unable to deal with your request fully within a calendar month (due to the complexity or number of requests), we may extend this period by a further 2 calendar months and shall explain the reason why. If you make your request electronically, we will try to provide you with the relevant information electronically.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission or other supervisory authority.
- How to Contact Us And/Or Data Protection Officer – If you have questions about how we use your information, you can reach our Data Protection Officer by email or by contacting him – Dean@ballyliskofarmagh.com
- Updates – We will update our Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Any updates will be made available, and where appropriate, notified to you by email.